Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just told my other counsellor about my decision.
---
I've always found it interesting, and really rather annoying, whenever a certain higher management tries to coerce me into doing more work by using ranking as a threat. seriously, it doesn't work, and it's pretty demeaning (to me) to think that i come into my profession with the purpose of rising in my ranks. Not to say promotion or salary scales don't affect me as a person, but ultimately, it would never take the place of the fulfillment of just being able to see someone change in my heart.
but finances are important, because in a giving profession, it's one of the things that justify the amount of giving which is taking place, without burning someone out. like being paid for something that's done takes away the subtle question in the mind of 'why am i giving you so much of myself when you don't even seem to appreciate it at all?'
in church, the purpose behind the giving justifies it, but in a secular setting, payment helps to reduce that question (seeing the person change ultimately helps to reduce that as well). haha.
the matter of fact counsellor speaks. hoho.
on another note, i also find it amusing, and slightly annoying, when i notice people trying to manipulate me with the words they say, or the atmosphere. as if i wouldn't have noticed it, even if they don't -_- people use emotional blackmail a lot more than they realize they do ;)

No comments: