Monday, May 21, 2012

"Some people with ADHD might find only a few subjects or activities highly stimulating or rewarding, and they lock on those targets to the exclusion of all else. (This is often referred to as hyperfocus, a phenomenon touched upon several times in this book.)
Others find so many things interesting that they can’t pick out the most relevant"
--> T_T i'm experiencing that now. my mind is presented with the options of
1) doing my work cos tmr there won't be time to do my work
2) doing Japanese homework
3) preparing to settle down and sleep
4) cleaning up my room
5) clearing Chi's litter tray
6) watching invincible Youth

a schedule is important to me cos it helps me to be effective. hahaa. like i won't spend a large portion of the time mulling over these options, and then at the end of the day get distracted with other thoughts and other things and end up doing a million and one other things (which is not necessarily bad at times i guess) and not doing what i'm supposed to be doing (for e.g. any of the 6 above).
and imagine! this is what i have to do everyday! so for people who doesn't have ADD. BE THANKFUL! ^^
though I'm quite comfortable with whatever i have. haha. or have to go through. i think it makes life more enriching. lol.

No comments: