Wednesday, May 23, 2012

i remember in sec 4, i thought to myself that no matter how well i know a friend, i can only get so close to her because our religions, and thus our belief systems, are different. and i was greatly saddened by it. cos there's not a possibility that something can be done to draw that friendship closer. that there'd always be a barrier present. it's so sad.
悲しすぎ!
でも、いろいろな国の文化も違うでしょう。In Singapore, hierarchy is not so evident, or rather, I'm not a fan of hierarchy that may present itself, though I am conscious and sensitive to the hierarchies available. I just think that it's so sad that people cannot be friends who are closer to each other because of culture, or hierarchy, age difference.
but then again, it's something that can't be helped I guess.
just let me go mourn it for a few days T_T

No comments: