Thursday, May 10, 2012

The hot topic today is Obama's support of same-sex marriage.
i find myself in a precarious position even as i comment on the topic due to the various hats i wear: that I'm a counsellor by profession, a Christian by identity, a friend by relation, and an identifier by experience.
I do not support same-sex marriage. I felt that I needed to take a clear stand on this, despite the many hats that I'm wearing.
On a more important note, gender is a topic that's very close to my heart and my burden. out of the things that people struggle with, I always have that burden that people in the christian community would not be able to find support in this area when they struggle with it, or find that they are unable to talk about it, or think that people will shun them if they talk about it. please do talk about it. it's harder to bear things alone.

No comments: