Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I like to integrate pastoral ministry with team ministry.. that is to say, I don't believe in my people coming together on Saturdays just to do counter. As a counter ministry, we believe in praying beforehand (entrusting our work to God), sharing our lives in the pockets of free time we have, peer shepherding and learning from what we have done (the mistakes we make don't hold us down. It's what we learn from the mistakes that matter more. For example, I get very frustrated when youth has camp registration 'cos of the abundance in cash. But I see myself growing more in this aspect throughout all the different registrations. That's important. The growth). I thank God for the team leaders in counter. They're spiritually strong and equipped with skills for effective administering of service to the people.
The last line sounds very formal. haha.
So I'm glad when the integration of both sides go well. Think God really blessed the ministry by having people coming in to volunteer :) The challenge in the ministry is the lack of leaders and I pray that this lack will continue to propel people to rise up faster. I'm glad also when we sms each other, it's not purely just 'work' as well.
Hope to see the ministry continue to grow in strength and wisdom :) And our skills (:S)

And I'm glad you came back :) Thanks for speaking to me on the first service you came back:) I may be just smiling on the outside.. but on the inside, I'm jumping around and praising God.

No comments: