Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I believe in loving people. As much as I can, I try to give of my time, my money, energy, my help...
Am reading 'Love beyond reason' by John Ortberg now (Weiling lent me the book:)
Can identify when he says that..
'If I love someone, it means I have certain hopes and intention and wishes for them... I long for them to flourish and blossom. I want them to realize all their potential. I want them to become filled with virtue and moral beautiy. ...
This means sometimes I may need to do that which will cause pain for the one I love. Love is often confused with softness. When we speak of doing "the loving thing", we sometimes think it means "always doing what the person I love would want me to do." This is not love, it's not even sane. Try it with a three-year-old, and odds are she'll never make it to four ...
... in many cases authentic love 'will unnerve, offend, disturb, or even hurt those who are being loved." ... If I am really for a person, I am willing to risk saying painful things, if pain is the only way to bring growth. ..
But only humbly, reluctantly. True love never desires to inflict pain for pain's sake."

ah. so true :)

The three main points about love. What i typed was a small part from the first point.
1) Love means being for the one who is loved
2) Love delights in and enjoys the one who is loved
3) Love gives to and serves the one loved

Let's continue practicing tough love!:)

No comments: