Monday, June 08, 2009

Recently, I got reminded about the consecration and envisioning once again.
Consecrating myself to the purposes of God and to His promises and His standards. In terms of the different aspects and areas of my life. To repent of different thoughts and attitudes or even certain emotions which I've allowed to settle in (which are not helpful to me).
Envisioning came to me in the area of service. Think sometimes I tend to tone down a lot of things, for e.g. in the areas of sharing, or serving. Hmm. I'm not exactly sure why I do that. Haha. Maybe not wanting to seem overbearing (?). That's not to say that I'm super zai or something, but I'm definitely not living up to my potential at this moment.
Probably also 'cos I'd yet to make a resolution to certain events in my life, and was still making sense of them.
But yea. Envisioning a reality that is greater than who I am at this moment, and act according to it. I may not be the best backup singer at this moment, but that doesn't mean I can't do my best to lead the people in the service to praise and worship God the best that I can. The congregation is not big at this moment, but that doesn't mean it won't grow bigger.
While serving on Saturday, I was just looking at the congregation and thinking, if I can't even help to usher the congregation of this size into the presence of God, how will I then be able to do that for a larger congregation?
If I can't even help to take care of the people in my cg at this moment, as an armour bearer, how can I then take care of my own cg when the time comes?
If I can't even take care of my own life and Chi at this moment, how can I then take care properly of a family if I ever have my own?
It's the principle of being faithful with the small things that we have, the things that we've been entrusted with, and really multiplying them. The ageless reminder that when we're faithful with little, we'll be entrusted with much.
It's not when we're entrusted with the much, then we start to live up to our potential. But rather, that we treat what we have with excellence, do the best we can with God, love God to the extent of how we know it, and 'all these things will be added to you'.
I've very amazed at how God has grown me in the area of being able to harmonize. lol.
I don't think I'm the most faithful backup singer around. I don't deliberately go and learn how to sing, I don't vocal train, I don't really take care of the instrument which I serve God with (i.e. my voice). haha. But harmonizing has always been an area which I am greatly humbled in and this leads me to depend on God.
I remember that the fear of having to harmonize always cause me to have a slight fear of being on stage as a backup singer for God. All the things about scared of losing face, scared of singing wrongly, scared of failing in this area...
I remember that this year, the chances of having to harmonize increased due to obvious reasons (i.e. split service). hahaa. faints. And how I was backup singing on my birthday.. and I really wanted to honour God and love Him by being able to harmonize while singing for Him on stage. So I prayed to God to teach me to harmonize, to help me to harmonize. I searched videos on youtube so that I can memorize the harmony 'cos I didn't know how to. and I listened to a particular video for a few hours for a few days just so I'll remember it. Hee.
And really thank God, 'cos i could harmonize during practice itself. wahhhhhh. Great relief! and great joy! Seeing the fruits of being faithful in this area was amazing.
And subsequently, I could harmonize without having to learn. hahaa. Which was even more amazing 'cos just a year ago, I can't harmonize for nuts =\
So that's a small area of breakthrough for me =)
Just wanted to testify to this =) 'cos I got reminded of the whole process while I was harmonizing for 'You are my strength' during altar call time. And I can't help but to be glad about it =)

No comments: