Monday, April 26, 2010

In my nap today,
I experienced hypnagogia hallucination today when I took my nap, both before and after the nap. Lol. It’s not the first time I experienced it, but in previous incidents, I didn’t quite know what they are. As such, I never gave much thought to it.. It’s only today that I read about the term and knew what they are.
This is from wikipedia:
“Hypnagogic imagery is often auditory or has an auditory component. Like the visuals, hypnagogic sounds vary in intensity from faint impressions to loud noises, such as crashes and bangs (exploding head syndrome) People may imagine their own name called or a doorbell ringing. Snatches of imagined speech are common. While typically nonsensical and fragmented, these speech events can occasionally strike the individual as apt comments on – or summations of – their thoughts at the time. They often contain word play, neologisms and made-up names. Hypnagogic speech may manifest as the subject’s own ‘inner voice’, or as the voices of others: familiar people or strangers. More rarely, poetry or music is heard. “
I experienced snatches of speech. Both times. Voices will arise all around me, different tones and different textures and start to discuss (though what the discussion was on, I don’t quite remember. Hahaa).
And the song “To build a home” by Cinematic Orchestra was playing in the background when I was half way in between being awake and being asleep. I only remember the song, and originally thought it was by Coldplay. It was only after checking with Justin that I got the song title. Lol.
Interesting experience.
And yes, I miss napping!

No comments: