Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I can't help thinking about what was shared on saturday about the covenant. hahaa.
or rather, i can't help thinking about the person who was mentioned in the covenant. kinda have an inkling on who it is.. but i guess i can't conclude on the name if it was not explicitly mentioned.
i think in a sense, when i knew that the person has left, the first thought that came to my mind was 'why in the world did he do that?' (probably most people have that thought as well). and even though he's just a person i know, but definitely am not close to, i couldn't help feeling slightly betrayed (strange ah), like he's broken a promise and let us down.
though at the end of the day, he himself is accountable to God for his actions, the repercussions and effects of his departure will never be fully measured until the day when all of us stand before the throne.
I've often evaluated how affected I'll be personally if a leader or someone close to me leaves. And to be honest, I really wasn't much affected by the brother's departure.. until recently when i recalled of the teachings he's given and recalled of all that he's shared to us before.
there're a few leaders whom i respect a lot in Hope, along with a few other brothers and sisters (haha. i love my brothers and sisters, but there're a particular few whom i really respect.) and i couldn't help wondering how i'll respond if they leave. i suppose it won't be to the extent that i will leave God, but it will definitely affect me much more than in the past.

No comments: