Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My life revolves around two males these days.

The first is old. Very old.
He has been since the beginning of time. In fact, He's the beginning and the End.
He holds my future in His hands.
He never lets go of my right hand.
He saw me when I was being formed and He knows when I will die.
I learn to love because He first loved me.
He is the reason why I sing.
And the reason why I do the things I do.
Without Him, I can't live. I may be alive, but I will not be living.

The second is young. Very young.
I was not with him at the beginning. I wonder if I can be with him at his end.
He can't hold much in his hands.
Sometimes he'll jump onto my right hand and refuse to let go of biting it.
I was here before he was formed. I will probably still be here when he dies.
I learn to love his species over the years.
Sometimes I'll sing to him and wonder if he can listen.
I do things that tire me out at times because of him.
He lives with me, sleeps with me and eats with him when I'm in the house.

When I take care of the second, I sometimes get a glimpse of how the first takes care of me. I start to understand a little bit more of the first's feelings, of His concern, of His love, of His discipline even when i love, discipline and am concerned about the second.

yup.
a short excerpt about the two males in my life:)
Jesus and Chi.

No comments: