Monday, July 21, 2008

Random thoughts that have been in my mind..
-----------------------------------
going back to my favourite psalm...
My flesh and my heart may fail
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever:)
amen.
sometimes i feel like doing a Jonah when difficulties come, but God calls us to be a Joshua at times like this.
sometimes i feel like just doing a Mary, sitting down, listening. or Mary of the alabaster jar.. adoring the King with the little that i have. but at some of these times God reminds me of Aaron.
-----------------------------------
being in the education department is quite enjoyable :) hahaha.
it gives me the reason to read books. picking up books make me happy 'cos
1) i can read fast (thank God!)
2) i like to gather knowledge (intellectual pathway :P)
3) sometimes it's my excuse for procrastination (okayokay. i will repent in this:)
word for life also makes me happy. lol. thoroughly enjoyed the word recent wfl session by wj because it touched on doctrines(!) and doctrines spark off something inside me. kinda like the soul singing :)
praise and worship allows my soul to sing too :)
-----------------------------------
David is my favourite bible character. lol.
(quite random. i think 'cos recently just transferred to yp. and yp's leader is David. so it kinda always reminds me of David in the bible as well.)
he's my favourite bible character 'cos i identify with him :) lol. maybe not in the lusting after bathsheba and being a shepherd boy part... but in his cries to God, in his exuberance before God, in the beauty of psalms while talking to God. in his freedom to dance before God, in his intricate and honest attention to the emotions felt before God, in the uplifting of spirits everytime after singing to God...
His intimacy with God is something which i hope to continually grow in as well :)
----------------------------------
haha. i wonder if Jitsy'll be surprised when she comes back and finds that we're not in the same ministry anymore.. lol.
----------------------------------
still not used to being taken care of :)
----------------------------------

No comments: