Thursday, July 17, 2008

hehe :) chi is somewhere in the living room, running about now :)
hmmm. have been putting off the post on the hongkong trip 'cos
1) too sleepy to type anything substantial
2) wondering how to bring it across
3) found it relatively troublesome to add a nice border to my hongkong photos :) haha. i have no idea why people get a natural border ard theirs when they upload onto blogger. did you add some script or something? O.o
at any rate, let me share some comments on it :)

i think it was a very frustrating trip. hahaha. (not tt it was of any laughing matter during the trip itself.) i really missed the company of the hope people :)
frustrating 'cos of my family. hahaa. i have quite a dysfunctional family (not that i'm anywhere near perfect..). hahaa. i don't look down on them, or hate them, or complain about being born into this family (i used to last time.. but gradually understood that God has a purpose for putting me in this family.. :). there are times when i genuinely loved the individuals of the family.. times when i felt like strangling them.. and times when i just needed to pray for them.
family gatherings (or dinners together) stress me out because it usually ends in a quarrel. has been like this for the gatherings involving the whole family for the past few years.
it's okay if it's just me and my mum.. or me and my parents.. but put the whole family together and you'll have conflict. hahaa.
so putting the whole family together for 5 days was a disastrous move (but good that i can know my family more as well:)
my dad is a very blur dad. and quite outdated as well. he's pretty knowledgeable about the roads in singapore, about vehicles and about fishes.. but anything other than that, he kinda has not much knowledge about it. and that includes travelling in other countries. so throughout the trip, he'll ask questions. some of them make sense. some of them don't make sense. both irritate my mum and my sister. the ones that don't make sense irritate me. the ones that do, i explain to him.
my mum. she paid for the entire trip. thank God for her:) hmmm. she is more world-wise (if there's such a word), so she just trusts me and my sister to do the procedures which she doesn't understand ('cos they're in english). she's the most pleasant travelling companion in my family. lol.
my younger sister likes to throw tantrums when things do not go her way :P she threw at least 3 tantrums a day during the holiday. she's quite likeable when she's not throwing tantrums though. hahaa. i like her better when she's not throwing tantrums.
i spent most of my energy during the trip reminding myself about my identity, as well as resolving irritable emotions within myself to ensure that i do not allow anger to get over me. got myself quite tired during the trip but at least i got to know my family's style a bit more. 3rd to 5th day was better, 'cos i learned to let my sister finish throwing her tantrum before taking over from there (especially in finding places).
yup:)
will upload some photos here soon. hmmm. don't exactly like the photos in the first day 'cos i felt tt some of the photos were quite artificial... since my family looks cosy in those few seconds but go their seperate ways after the photo. but oh well:)
hopefully one day the photos will really reflect what's happening in reality:)

No comments: