Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I like to remember dates!:) I'm quite bad at birth dates though. Dates that are significant to me are easier to remember. If your birthday falls in the same month as mine, it's easier for me to remember too :) haha.
30th June, 5 years ago, was the day that I became a member of Hope Church Singapore!:) haha. okay. not important to anyone out there...
Yesterday Jiali mentioned reading an entry long time ago when i didn't even know her name. hahaa. I think for me blogging serves two purposes - for archiving/memory's sake, as well as for the sharing of ideas and beliefs:) Remembering dates and blogging them down is kinda my way of replicating Israel's building of a stone structure in remembrance of the times God moved in their lives.
-------------
ACTScalibre camp was an interesting experience:) I realized that
1) I'm super unfit! hahaa. Running around on the first night with Peru has caused me to throw my hands up in desperation and give up running, while at the same time shouting to them to go forth before me to get their two gold medals. hahaha.
2) I can get quite irritated at people who don't listen to instructions. Perhaps I take it a little too personally:)Can learn much from Derek who calmly referees and saves his voice. lol.
3) I miss my tan. lol. The colour I am now used to be the colour I was at a few years ago! hahaa. Don't know why people don't like tans :) haha. Maybe 'cos it's not very good for the skin ba.
4) I'm actually quite scared to sing. HAHA. On Saturday night, when Derek was practicing with Manmi for the song presentation, and subsequently when Huili asked if the song can be more coloured and Derek pointed to me to sing with him 'cos I just happened to be free to write the last line of the song and sing with them then, I was like O.O and was thinking 'noooooooooo.... my voice is not good.' lol.
Derek reminded me that it's not so much about the voice, but rather the passion in singing :)

Really thank God for the presentation. I think all four of us have our own inadequacies and we were all quite scared (because of various things). But thank God that it went well.. experienced the grace that came along. I was having a sore throat (a painful one) 'cos I was eating fillet o fish before the presentation. LOL. I totally didn't expect a sore throat. My voice was not opened and it's not in the best of condition, but i wasn't having a sore throat before that. haha. And i was still having a sore throat when I went up with them to sing.
Imagine my amazement when I realized I could reach the high notes. And imagine my amazement when I realized that my throat was perfectly well after singing. lol
Grace that covered over the weaknesses of human beings who have the desire to glorify Him :)

Thank God for the chance to know people better too :) and to see how people are rising up to the challenges put ahead of them.
It's amazing when people move. it's amazing when God moves.

No comments: