Sunday, January 06, 2008

I remember the day of the release of A level results:)
On that day, I've arranged to meet up with my girls at the library of TP to photocopy praise and worship lyrics. On that day, after getting back my results, I was in a shock. And then I went to comfort a friend of mine who was crying 'cos she felt she did badly. Ironically, my friend had much better grades than me:)
I remember going to the vice principal's office with Steph 'cos she wanted to know our results:) We've had a few correspondences with her before. She's a very nice lady. I remember she's a Christian 'cos she had a cross on her wall which stated 'Jesus Saves...' I remember that she told us we could always go and visit her in the future:) We never did go back though.
I remember the months after.. I clung on with a stubborn belief that God will pull me through to my course and my uni no matter what. I remember declining the offer to retake As. I remember I was talking to Shirls near church office during lunch and she suggested considering other options. I remember applying to all three universities (sort of to increase my chance?:)
And i remember getting asked for the SMU interview and getting accepted into both NTU and NUS. And I thank God for bringing me through even when others who got better grades than me couldn't get into a university.
Yes God, I remember going through this with you.
And I trust You God, that You will bring me through once again. Regardless.
-----
There're certain things I believe in and certain things which I don't. It's a personal belief kind of thing.. and kinda shaped by the things I've seen or experiences I've gone through..
I believe that grades don't determine your worth:) Though sometimes grade does affect a person's IMPRESSION of how much he/she is worth.
I believe that in many situations, it takes 2 to tango. It takes 2 hands to clap, two eyes to justify the position, 2 ears to balance and 2 feet to stand stably.
I believe in holistic maturity. That being said, I don't believe in maturing socially without maturing emotionally. And I admit, I've got much to grow in this. haha.
I believe in choices. I believe there're always 2 choices in a situation. Regardless of how bad the situation seems to be. I believe that when one door closes, another door always opens.
I believe in God. I believe that God is ultimately more interested in our character than our comfort. And in that, I trust His plans regardless of how comfortable/uncomfortable they may be. Simply because in retrospect, I've seen how in many situations which seem down to men, seem wasted to men, seem useless and redundant to man, have actually brought many people to a greater growth and a deeper understanding and insight towards things. You can't mature without trials. And you can't have trials without stepping into the zone of discomfort. Maybe you can have trials without stepping into the zone of discomfort.. I'm not so sure about this. hahaa.
Following through with what's said above, I believe in persevering. Though sometimes I may grow weary if I persevere on with my own effort. hahaha. That's when I need to reevaluate the source of my strength:) That being said, I don't believe in leaving church:) (personal belief. no offense to anyone out there). I believe that since God has placed me in this community, it's not His intent to me to simply leave this community when things get tough. I believe that when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I believe in bearing in the community. In having the faith to see breakthroughs even when the land (or myself) seems very dry. To date, I've only experienced 1 whole year of considering wanting to leave Hope:) haha. And i was telling Michelle today, that if today, everyone whom I'm close to leave God, I may be heartbroken, but I'll still stay.
Of course, the staying in the church part is when you ensure that the correct doctrines are being taught:)
I believe in humility. Personally I don't think I'm a very humble person. There're areas of pride in me. Actually, I think there're areas of pride in everyone. hahaa. I believe in submitting to the authority that God has placed over you if the authority is not going against the law of God. I believe that God blesses people who are humble:) Again, I've seen humble people who might not be talented or gifted in things, but because of their heart in wanting to learn and submit, God blesses them greatly and rises them up. Therefore, I believe in humility. Learning to grow in this area continually though:)
=====
I'm sure everyone has different beliefs. haha. This are just some of mine. Just felt prompted to type this I guess. Take care:)

No comments: