Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I just took a glimpse through the very long and very theological argument on facebook between Christians and Muslims (no offense to anyone here) about what the bible says about Jesus.. specifically, is Jesus God or is Jesus not? (ah. i rhyme. hahaa). Think it's quite interesting how the greek language is even brought in by the muslims so as to bring a more accurate translation of the bible:)
think when i was browsing through the answers, what struck me was that both sides' arguments will tend to be filtered through the lens of their beliefs.. it also reminded me of the teaching on a corrupted conscience:) a corrupted conscience will corrupt the pure truth.
anyway, i think it's an interesting argument:) i'm an intellectual at heart.. so doctrines and theology appeal to me, though it seemed to have decreased these days..partly 'cos of the fact that more and more people like to distort the knowledge they have to suit their needs and harden their minds towards listening to another opinion, partly 'cos sometimes a deeper heart knowledge is needed to ascertain what is true. as joanne puts it in the past (modified by me due to a badly decayed trace of memory), she could have debated for a long time with me over the doctrines of christianity, but one touch from heaven will change everything.
i've had that one personal experience from God even when i did not believe in Him.. it was enough to convince me in my heart that He is real.

No comments: