Monday, May 03, 2004

God promised to help me change my perspective of things around me. not to change the circumstances, but to change my heart towards the circumstances.
Not only did he slowly change my heart, he also sent by encouragement which renewed me and reminded me once more of my identity - a child of God.
jason sent an ecard entitled 'i dreamed i had an interview with God'...though i've seen various version of this ecard before, it struck me especially much today. perhaps it's 'cos i've been reflecting through quite a lot of stuff these few days... perhaps it's just 'cos it's a period of time which rushes by and leaves me yearning for God's comforting presence more and more.
strange that he should say 'Readjusting our lives, time & priorties is always a
thing to do so as not to sway too much away fr God's purpose 4 our lives..' 'cos i was just thinking a lot about matt 28:19-20 on wed... i was thinking through if i've been living up the great commission in my life since i've joined youth, and i felt that i haven't.
and then i was thinking quite a lot about friends and friendship in general on sat night...and i'm very thankful for twin:D and twin surprised me and touched me today by sharing her sentiments about the same topic with me, right after i finish viewing the ecard.
and i could very visibly and clearly feel God's love. i just teared a bit there and then.
i'm not a person who feels comfortable with heartfelt expressions of emotions and all that...not very good with words either...
but i just wanna say tt i'm really thankful to God for jason and xinyi tonight:)
and i thank God for all the understanding people in my life...i thank God for the chinese soc juniors who so nicely always try to involve me into their conversations and everything, thank God for my taekwondo team...thank God for laughter ('cos it helps to bond pple together too:D) and thank God for who He is.
the word thanks. my heart's swirling with it right now.
thank You Jesus for Your love for me.

No comments: