Thursday, December 19, 2002

(part 2)
Outside the competition pool, Mark Chay has made numerous TV appearances and appeared in fashion spreads clad only in his trunks for a number of local magazines in Singapore. A former student of Anglo Chinese School and Anglo Chinese Junior College, he is currently serving his national service at the Institute of Naval Technology & Operations (INTO) with the Republic of Singapore Navy.(Confession by author: The mere thought of my favourite swimmer clad in his navy uniform has the effect of making my eyes roll back in their sockets and sending me into an ecstatic swoon similar to those experienced by ancient medieval saints after they were pierced by God).
Mark Chay’s favourite pastimes would include playing bridge online, visiting www.swimnews.com for the latest results and statistics of swimming meets around the world and of course, spending time on his alma mater ACJC’s (Anglo Chinese Junior College) website at www.acjc.edu.sg.
His favourite dishes would include chicken rice which comes in the shape of a ball and home-cooked Peranakan food prepared by his grandmother. (Mental note to author's self: I will enroll in Peranakan cooking classes at the local community centre this weekend).
As for his goal in life, the sexy national swimmer had this to say: “One of my goals is to be an Asian Games winner – and make an Olympic final. I want to see how that goes. Those are very long-term plans. That may not happen this year, but I will try.”
Thus while Mark Chay continues to work hard at achieving his goal, this resourceful writer will continue staking-out at Mark’s favourite training grounds (oh please, do you honestly think I will reveal everything?) while fantasizing about the moment my favourite water baby administers some vigorous mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to yours truly.
Until then, I will continue to work hard at perfecting my drowning-lass-in-distress routine...

No comments: