Saturday, October 17, 2009

I took the time to clear my wallet :)
now it's flatter.
and then I cleared up a bit of my room :)
now one small part looks cleaner and neater.
and i took out my bank box and deposited money in it. as a reminder to fill it up.
now it looks quite delighted sitting on my table :)
and i read a few counselling articles :D
and saved a few nice articles (eg. from yizhong's blog and from counselling connection).

i'm driven by internal motivations.
i can expand a lot of energy doing something which i find worthwhile, or am interested in, or finds meaning in.
for example.
i loved studying psychology 'cos of what i learn from it. the fact that i could nicely apply what i learn in psychology to the people around me made me happy as well.
i realize that i can't really be driven by external motivations.
i can't just study very hard to get good results (good results don't mean much to me), or to get a good job for money (which doesn't motivate me much either), or just 'cos deadlines are coming up.
as such, i don't really care about a lot of things. lol. which is not exactly very good =) and not exactly very pleasing to God :)
God is a strong external motivation for me though. hahahaa.

i feel most motivated at night, but only when i'm awake enough to be motivated. body has naturally been conking out from 12.30am (except for today.. possibly 'cos i was clearing out my wallet then), and waking at 4, then sleeping at 5, and waking at 6.30 or 7am. which kinda left me with much fatigue and grogginess. hahaa. and of course, when you have work the next day, you can't really do much things at night without remembering tt u have work the next day on ur mind :)

but at the end of the day
it's about stewardship.
of what we've been given.
of time, money, the talents that we have, the position we're in.

No comments: