Sunday, January 18, 2009

We went to Hob Nob Cafe Bar to celebrate Jan's birthday. My first time there. hahaa. It's a hidden find!:) Do pop by if you have the chance to.
Called in the morning to make reservations for 15 people.. think the female staff was kinda surprised, so she's took down my number and got the lady boss to call me back. haha. Lady boss (Cheryl) was very nice. She arranged arrangements with me, asked if her suggestions were okay, told me that if I've called two days in advance, we would have even be able to plan out a fixed menu with dishes from the original menu.. I was really quite surprised by the personal service :)
The place itself was very cosy. Very nicely decorated. Lady Boss (I took to calling her by this name) was very friendly, constantly asking me if everything's okay, asking the people if they need more stuff.. haha. She was quite funny too, kinda like trying to liven up the atmosphere even more by asking Jan to sing, as well as to give some comments when she's popping by to serve us. Very personal service :) hahaha. This sounds like a food review.. but i really think good service should be complimented.
Oh! And the food was not bad! :D haha. I had chix cutlet (which came with mushroom sauce. Not just the creamy mushroom sauce with mushroom taste, but really mushroom sauce with mushrooms, and a tinge of wine. hahaa. mushroom sauce was warm when it got served though.) quite surprised to see the standard of the food as well. hahaa. i pay $9.80 nett for my chix cutlet :D Jan's pork cutlet was probably made themselves.. 'cos it had cheese and ham inside (which was a pleasant surprise to many of us, even though we didn't try it. haha. it's just surprising to have something inside. hahaha!) and ellson's grilled fish (i think),$14.80 nett, had black caviar on top! hahaha. That was a surprise too.
So yup, service wise and food standards exceeded my expectations :) can go there for shepherdings (though cheryl tends to pop by quite often, so not sure if it's good for teachings), dates, gatherings (can reserve in advance!) and celebrations:) haha.
or can go with me! I'd want to go back to try the pork cutlet and the aglio olio (read reviews that it's not bad), as well as the tomyam spaghetti!
anyway, it's located at Far East Shopping Centre (beside wheelock place), #03-18/19. yup:)
and no, i'm not endorsed by them, or related to them in any way. hahaa.

No comments: