Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Today my fan decided to die on me. hahaha. Quite sad, 'cos I think it's only been with me for less than 6 months. haha. It burned out. 'Cos I usually turn it on for the entire night, as well as the entire day (if Chi has to be kept in the room). It first weakened, but didn't really bother me much since the days are turning cold. And now it's burned out. and died. haha. okay. I don't sound very sympathetic, do I?
But it reminds us that if we keep going on and on and on without resting, we'll burn out too :) our productivity may go down, and if we do not take notice of it, we'll burn out one day, and die. and possibly will need to be changed.
So, resting is important!:) (being lazy is not.)
Personally I rest a lot. i don't know about your definition of resting, but usually when I'm alone and doing something of choice (e.g. planning, watching anime, thinking), it's considered to be a rest for me. hahaha. Unless I'm shopping for something. Somehow or another, shopping for things tire me out very easily.
So yes, I rest a lot. Possibly much more than the people around me. lol.
Was thinking how I'd want to train my body (beat it and make it my slave :O) in preparation for the fulltime training in NIE ahead of me :\ So possibly I might want to train myself to slowly revert to waking up at 6.30 or 7am ('cos i think my lessons will start at 8am :\ or else my work will definitely start at/before 8am). I wanna see how my body responds.. which are my productive hours. I already know some stuff about my energy level. For example, I am twice more productive in the night than in the day. lol. And I can sustain on 5 hours of sleep for around 3 days in a row and still be able to function quite okaily in the day without falling asleep. I can also function on 3 hrs of sleep but will start feeling tired in the afternoon, but can still pull an all-nighter that day, and possibly die around 9am the next morning. My optimum is around 7 hours per day, sleeping at 3am and waking at 10am, but i can't do that when i start work :( or start school. so need to figure new hours soon (taking in consideration that my body's aging too:D)
yes. smsing pple keeps me awake too. so when you receive smses for me, it's very possible that i am either 1) travelling, 2) falling asleep.
i've also realized (along the years) that my attention span is quite short. i can be very very productive for a period of time, but will start to wander off very soon. that's when i need to take a rest. i can only sustain for a long long time (approx 3 hours) after 2 hrs of breaking in (having a short attention span during this period of time). so effectively, i need 2 hrs to warm up. after the 3 hrs, i need a long break (e.g. 1 hr), then i'll need to warm up again. so if my work starts at 8am next time, i'll only start to be very effective ard 10am (which coincides with me optimum awake hour) and will die ard 1pm (hopefully coinciding with my lunchtime). lol.
night is different though. night i only need 15 mins to break in.
ha ha ha ha ha.

No comments: