Monday, July 30, 2012

Just a few weeks ago I was complaining that I was bored.
Today I'm swarmed. it's madhouse Monday.
Had 2 counselling referrals in the morning, and I settled 3 cases of student issues in the morning, with one meeting with the teachers.
Am taking the time to plan out and look at my caseloads (and to see how many students I'm actually handling) now cos I have 2 counselling sessions later.
Am doing individual plannings for each of the students I'm handling now. I think it's gonna take a longgggg time. haha.
At first glance, just for my direct cases, I have 22 cases ongoing at the current moment, of which 5 are pertinent counselling cases, 5 cases require me to be in constant contact and liaising with external agencies. I just had 2 referred RTC cases (plan making and negotiation), and I've not had the chance to look through the whole school's attendance to do prevention work (which means a lot more cases to count to do something about).
I do follow through on about 5-8 cases per day (cos some require weekly monitoring, some daily), that's in the midst of entertaining childish issues and having to do mediation in groups, doing administrative matters, planning..
haha. okay. I think I know why I feel swamped today. But I'm happier when I'm swamped. Just that I really need the time to plan out properly for each of my 22 cases. It's like planning for 22 sheeps. hurhur.

No comments: