Monday, September 06, 2010

it's official :)
i have fallen in love with the Gelatos of Italy even before I'm there.
Something in me is doing little prances across the caramelized top of an imaginary Creme Bulee even as I speak, and has currently done a little leap into the embrace of a vanilla flavoured gelato that leaves a sweet and fragrant aftertaste.
My mind has been concocting all sorts of countryside buildings and sceneries ever since I've started to research on Italy. In my mind, pavements have become rough and dark grayish, and the voices that speak speak in a language which I am unfamiliar with. Words which I do not recognize roll around on my tongue and sound so wonderful being spoken out, without me knowing what they are.
Song which I've heard lingers in my mind and accompanies me when i cross the road, when i eat, when i type out my assignment, when i trouble over dining establishments.
English is no longer a language that is as beautiful as the foreign voices i hear. It is more colonial, established.
Even Quiznos screams out
'Quiznos goes Italian!'
A part of my heart has decided to take the earlier flight to Italy.

No comments: