Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I watched Heartbreaker yesterday. hahaa.
It's quite funny. and playful. and pretty lighthearted.
Of course, the beautiful cinematography kinda added to the whole mood beauty of it. The fact that the film is in French helped to add a garnish to a fluffy hazelnut swiss roll of sorts. hahaa.
Lifted up my spirits rather after watching it. Quite liked the interesting things the heartbreaker team did to ensure that the woman falls in love with Alex and comes to the realization that they're unhappy in their relationships.
I guess I liked the suaveness of it all. And the fact that they can pull it off without weird expletives or dirty scenes (unlike some other rom-coms.)
Then fulfilled my desire to eat pork ribs mee sua. hahaa. it's starting to become a comforting flavour to me.
After which I pondered as to what I should do. so with nothing in mind at that moment (oh i had things to do.. things which are only doable if I get near a lappie.. and I figured tt I should really use yesterday to rest.)
Ended up buying the book 'Eat Pray Love'. hahaa. it's gonna be a movie that'd be shown soon, and I figured that maybe I'd read it to find out what it is about first. haha. It describes a woman's journey for rest and to discover more of what life is about after a divorce and a breakup and her struggle through depression and loneliness. pretty interesting. her description of Italy and the food there roused my heart from its resting position to want to go to Italy straight away. hahaa. there's something in my spirit that is restless. and restless. and still restless.
I've always thought that I know myself pretty well.. but I think these two years have kinda showed me that there're still things which I don't really know. hahaa. And that there're still certain things I need to set in my life before I go on for the rest of my journey in life. There're things which other people have always had, or have learned long before, but I did not have the chance to, or rather, I was able to compensate for these areas before, but now could not.
So I guess perhaps I do want to learn.
Perhaps now, till June next year, will be a good time to continually learn, and to set in my life principles, disciplines and values which are not in me at this moment. And at the same time, praying through and deciding what I hope to focus on.
I guess it's good to do this, rather than if I wait till 30+ and go into a mid life crisis of sorts :) haha.

No comments: