Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I wrote this at long john's today. heh.
--------------------------------------
Alone I was. In a place full of people I did not know.
Alone with a purpose. I know what i am here for.
I know what I am buying. I know what I am thinking of while sending out the smses. I looked over, and saw a table more befitting of what I intend to do, the duration which I intend to stay for.
So I packed up my stuff, my mind filled with the task of picking up my stuff. The cards, the card, the pen, the cup.
The heat caused me to wonder, the pain forced me to look for the source.
I lifted the cup higher. and the pain spread. And the soup spreads. And covered my phone. And my hand.
Serviettes.
I need more serviettes.
I looked at the spread of soup on the table and thought of Ecclesiastes 3. When one falls and no one is around to help him. What a pity.
And with the soup on my fingers, I went to the counter and asked for serviettes. Got them, and wondered if it's enough.
And I walked to Suzy and asked her to help me wipe my table.
Who's Suzy? A female cleaner.
She helped me wipe, and told me "hen3 tang4". I think so too.
And asked me if I wanted to go to the toilet and wash my hands.
I told her it was okay, already feeling grateful that she's cleaning up my table, and was just entertaining the thoughts of staying where I was, or leaving.
Cleaned up my phone, thanking God that it's waterproof.
And then she came with a new cup of soup.
And then she got me a new spoon.
And helped me bring the soup over when I told her of my original intent.
And so I settled at my new table. The deeds of a friendly stranger unable to leave my mind.
And did the next best thing I knew, besides thanking her.
And thus formed the existence of an account of how a stranger at Long John's helped me.
------------------------------------------
Reading the book 'Becoming who God intended'. Have been reading it for some time, but had not had the discipline and time to finish reading it. Quite proud today to reach the halfway point of the book. Was analyzing a weird portrayal of certain verses in the book near the front, but agreed quite a bit with what was written near to the central :) Hope to finish this book soon. Afterall, it's one of the things I hope to do before 2008 ends. lol.
------------------------------------------

No comments: