Thursday, February 28, 2008

-As little children,
we will dream of Christmas morn
and all its gifts and toys
we knew we'll find
but we never realised
a baby born on Christmas night
gave us the greatest gift
of our lives-

songs bring back memories:) this song brought back the memory of the sec 4 girls' cg's ecg when they performed the song in the tampines RC. 'O mighty cross' brought back memories of the first CG at ang mo kio ministry house, where Junting led worship in one of the small rooms.
Was reflecting back more on the camp.. most people learned many things out of it. I think for me, I felt encouraged and empowered, besides learning much about other people as well. Think God really showed me things about the people around me in the camp.
So here comes the list of thanks:)
--------
Thank you for making your way down to the bbq. I vividly remember how in 2005 you shared about funneling people to the other stations of life so as to build up the ministry strong. And that vision/notion stuck to me. I sincerely believed in the importance of funneling people as well..but along the way, i grew disheartened, discouraged, disillusioned, disappointed.. along the way, i grew proud, selfish, hardened.. and i questioned that notion. i questioned if it's the right way of doing things. i questioned about God's sovereignty in this. I questioned about His purpose for me.
but along the way, I discovered answers, i saw God's hand moving in ways i didn't expect, i got humbled, i learned. and i'm still learning.
i was really touched when you remembered me though:) thanks for taking note of people's lives.
holistic caring. influential people.
--------
And thank you too. Thanks for your sacrifices, your love for the ministry, your constant service to the Lord. You might not know it, but twice in the camp, the words you said sparked areas which I've allowed to dull. Areas which can potentially serve God in a greater extent, but i've let circumstances and nature take over it and just let that dream/area lose its shine.
thanks for your words which greatly encouraged me and empowered me!
---------
thanks too to you:) got the chance to know you a bit more these days. somehow had the chance to talk to you a bit more when previously, i don't really talk to you. lol. got to find out a bit more about your family..
got to realize that you're actually quite cheeky and playful (sounds like i'm describing a child). thanks for teaching us how to play on a bbq pit with firestarters. hahahaa. and with tissue papers.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
-----------

No comments: