Sunday, October 28, 2007

I think Dr Tan's worried of alarming me. haha. Though I do feel that a bit of alarming is good in my case.. since I tend to be a last minute kinda of person (recalling overnight assignments of last semester...) hohoho.
Was reflecting through and realised that I don't really dare to ask people questions (could this be a matter of pride? fear?) and usually prefer to find out the answers myself, or to figure it out, or to experience it myself and see how i react.. Think it's not exactly the most fruitful way of doing life.. since sometimes it's really good to learn from other people's experiences, as well as the fact that it's much easier to just clarify something from other people (takes a short time) versus you researching up and trying to understand it (takes a long time). overly independent (hurhur) in terms of studies is not the best way to go at times.. maybe it's 'cos i'm not used to asking people since i'm young.. since there's no one around to ask about studies and life in general from young.
God created us to be interdependent:) Need to grow in the aspect of asking and learning from others :)
I've set a dateline on myself to hand in the draft of my ism by 6th november.. hahaha. faint.
this week's gonna be really packed.. what with the preparation of 3 project presentations (this wed, next wed and next friday), preparation of cg and tgif, studying for adolescent psych (next wed) and doing up my ism (by next tues). still figuring out the structure for counter ministry (haven't met up with crystal and lancaster to discuss the structure), figuring out how to build up offering ministry... shepherdings. lala. haha. i sound really busy. guess most of the sisters and brothers will be facing the same things as well:) but i'm so glad that God has been building me up in terms of being able to plan and draw strength from Him.
on the friday which just passed, i went home feeling really drained. I was like looking at the comp and thinking of the things i have to prepare for sat and that kinda drained me out even more. haha. the thing about a weary heart producing a weary body is so so true. anyway, i was thinking about how hardpressed i felt and how i'll crumble if i just look at the circumstances alone. hoho. so i made a little prayer to ask God to renew me. renew me in the definition of the old testament.. to cause to sprout out again. to give the strength to me even when i'm running on low/near to empty. hahaa.
God answers prayers.
it wasn't immediate.. but ard 5 mins later, while i was still checking mail, i felt a change in the spirit i was having. i felt strength given to me and a soft joy rising up within me:) i was still tired, but i had the strength to carry on to complete what i needed to do.
- though the sorrow lasts for a night
Your joy comes in the morning-
so apt. haha.

No comments: