Saturday, October 13, 2007

I guess we'll never know when we do things that'll touch a person or lift up a person's spirits...

Galatians 6:9 'Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.' [NIV]

Galatians 6:9 'So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.' [NLT]

I was quite surprised to receive a call at 2.15am (reminds me of what WJ said about pple calling you in the middle of the night or something).. I was even more surprised to hear who it is and what he was sharing about. In a sense, I'm really glad that we continued on with what we set out to do (having a counter retreat and getting to know each other more in the ministry) despite the low turnout. Perhaps God planned the low turnout rate so that we can minister better to this brother:)

Got reminded about how it's important to continually do what is right in the eyes of God.. and not just in the eyes of the people in this world. The brother's sharing reminded me that it's really not my reputation (or whatever other things we may be concerned about) that matters, but the soul of the person before me.

Seeing the people in the counter ministry grow more and more gives me a certain sense of joy:) Getting to know them beyond during the ministry time, but about their lives in general and their spiritual lives helps me to also slowly mould the counter ministry into one that's not just there to support the church in terms of financial things, but also a ministry that's spiritual in nature as well. We are afterall, still fighting a spiritual battle, despite the many physical items and problems we see in front of us.

Something random.. the other day, while I was taking 143 to far east to meet up with eevoon and sengkim (and another brother by the name of ben, whom I didn't know was accompanying them for shopping as well), the bus which I took passed by this condo which was still under construction. The banner, which was really big and was hung from the top of the still constructing condo, had these words on it
"All sold! Thanks be to God! - Lippo group"
You're welcome to search for more information about the lippo group :) haha.

No comments: