Sunday, September 12, 2004

when i was in primary 4, i was in table tennis and i skipped the cca to bury coins in the sand pit in my primary school. i was also in choir and we went to the Equatorial Hotel to sing. and calligraphy. and i loved to watch Hercules and Triple nine. life revolved around these things...and friends. and wishing your best friends would go into the same class as you after streaming.
when i was in primary 5, i took care of class 1G in my primary school and always had to ask them to put their fingers on their lips because they are extra rowdy. life revolved around books (Patsy Kelly investigates) and crushes and my best friends and my Tamagotchi. i had a teacher called miss phua who is biased against me and has favourites in the class. a year when imagination kept running wild.
in primary 6, my diary entries were full of crushes and of whether fong chian or me will become the new wushu leader. a year of tests and competitions and pen-pal-ing. no mention of studies. i also made a promise to love no one except for myself and to learn how to play the song 'fur elise' on the piano. still lots of wild imagination. start of keen interest in music.
in secondary 1, i wanted to quit gep and i got hit by a car. got my first music cd from xavier and melvyck and my first teddy bear from yileng. i disliked shauna very much and thought that the rgps pple were snobbish and proud. i joined ELDS and AVA club. i had another horrible lit cum english teacher who likes to accuse me of things i never did. was in NDP as a dance cum banner girl. started to mud. a lot. and played pokemon.
in secondary 2, i made 3 resolutions i never kept and got married to mudsane on mud. i received the letter of the day prize from 98.7 fm and began actively writing in from then. i missed the 1/7 people a lot and kept going over to 2/9 to find qing and the rest. 2/7 choreographed her own dance to one of britney's song. questions of identity and self-worth ('passing through time with my translucent self')came in mind. loved maths and wanted to excel in it because of my maths teacher Miss Lau. becoming nonchalent and numb about things around. had IP and got chosen for exhibition.
in secondary 3, i started to feel tired. crushes came in again. went out a lot after school with classmates. craze about bubble tea. missed OBS and Sheares terribly much. started to research into stuff like zodiac signs and tarot cards. had our weekly singing session on monday afternoons. wrote the song 'desert oasis' with jitsy. had sharing sessions through writing letters in a notebook with sze as it seems that only the 2 of us experienced similar things.
in secondary 4, year of emotional rollercoaster. lots of depression and counselling going on amongst the classmates. started having vivid dreams which wouldn't leave me. friends. got especially close to qing, trace and fungi. started to counsel people about relationships. got to know quite a lot of undercurrents beneath the surface of the class. did something stupid on the 12th of may.
in jc1, joined band, basketball and chinese society at one go which packed my days full. complex link of relationship within og and og mate's classmates. had to counsel og mate's classmate. life was cca and og. then something happened. Jesus cleared away the mud from my eyes and i got to know Him and love Him and accept Him as the Lord and Saviour of my life during the Sars period. diary entries became full of how i grew to know more about Him.
my life started.

No comments: