Tuesday, June 01, 2004

was quite frustrated by how several of my planned out stuff for this week have to changed/edited/deleted/pushedback/shortened for this week of various new things which came by on its way and i was unable to nicely fill in things and all tt due to unknown factors. and once my timetable is printed out from the comp, i want it to be perfectly planned. no changes. nothing. (how demanding)
so being quite frustrated, i decided to turn to the Word of God 'cos i was reading through today's WFL notes in advance and was just starting to read the new chapter about the Word. yup:D
flipped to James and started reading it again out of my own accord and the verse 1:5 spoke to me. 'If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him' and i prayed to Him...and ta-da. well. instead of filling in the activities as how it should be, why not just decide about the activities myself first (okay. this does sound strange in words, but it made perfect sense to me.)... so out went my frustration and in came a nicely planned timetable, which will not be amended, but things can be added on.
actually God also showed me tt this frustration does have underlying reasons and it surfaced as a result of me realising the symptons, but failing to rectify it completely and with determination. so nice of God to give me verses too. hahaha:D
anyway, flipping through the bible for the verses today suddenly made me miss the times when i can spend a long time just poring over the verses in the bible, wondering about the meaning, thinking about applications and linking it to other parts, then writing them down. checking online for more insights about what the verses mean and everything. Has my love for the WOG diminished? what a scary thought. i shall allocate time for more feasting on the WOG every week:D
i love the book of James:D it's the book which i really love. hahaha. repetition. and really explore. and ponder. and ask.
1 Peter too. hahaha. should apply this curiosity and ernestness in knowing more about the books to other books as well. and pray for the curiosity and ernestness to continue on and on and on and on forever!

No comments: