Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just had a 50 min talk with Rachel :) hahaa. Same timing as a counselling session.
Before April, it was kind of hard to imagine why the turnover rate for school counsellors was high.
Now after 3 months in school, I know why.
hahaha.
I guess I'd still like to start up the system in school.
but my job scope is more of the responsive services cum developmental programmes.
as how one of my classmates puts it, the school system is 'sh***y' to counsellors.
you know something is wrong somewhere, when your classmateSSS want to switch back to being education officers, or to quit the system altogether :\
i'm griping.
bah.
no support:(
we can't properly counsel!
and sometimes you wonder about the qualifications of other counsellors :P
i'm super irritated 'cos i'm not getting what i signed myself up for.
oh.
it's called job satisfaction.
i'm not getting it.
i don't think it's tt bad though. i quite like interacting with the students (when i'm not in rtc). i enjoy counselling students.
i enjoy working with teachers.
but i think rtc just gives me a :\ feel.
maybe i need to go and think through more about what exactly i am disgruntled about.
my management's very nice though :)
my p and vp :)

No comments: