Monday, November 10, 2008

heh. i'm looking at grief and loss (need to write reflection paper on it) and i saw a link to grieving the loss of a pet.
think i agree with what the website says, that many-a-times people undermine the sense of loss a pet owner can feel when the pet is gone.
i've lost quite a few pets myself (they die when they're taken care of by me O.o oh dear.) i've had two terrapins, 21 goldfishes, 1 fighting fish and 2 hamsters (one dwarf and one syrian). think the death that struck me the most was the death of my syrian hamster (which was with me for abt 2 yrs and 9 months). my two terrapins died when i was in school, so i never saw them die. their presence was here, and suddenly gone. the 21 goldfishes died one after another quite quickly (i only had them for abt a month:S) the fighting fish was more poor thing. it was with me for one day (forgot to put something to cover the container and it jumped out:S) the dwarf hamster (chloe) was given to me by my jc friends and died within 2 weeks (sigh). was quite close to clover (my syrian hamster) 'cos it was my first furry pet and the first pet i took care of myself (expenses and all). can still remember the night when she died. she ran around the bed once, then lay on the tissue i laid out on her favourite spot, then died. thinking about it grieves me :(
i was just telling my mum how if chi dies, we'll both be very sad. 'cos chi is bigger (physically) and will probably live longer. lol. oh well.

No comments: