Thursday, September 04, 2008

Typing this post 'cos I'm procrastinating from doing the final touch-ups on my presentation slides for tomorrow..
My mum has taken to picking chi up and carrying chi around the house once in a while. I've taken to carrying chi to look out of the window when he's having a temper. So now chi is picked up several times a day. I hope he likes being picked up. hhahaha.
The guy at the pet shop asked me if I only buy canned food for Chi.. hehe. I don't actually. I bought dry food for him too.. except that there was still quite a bit left at the time when he asked me about it. Now the dry food is 'drying' up, I'm contemplating if I should buy it again.. considering that Chi doesn't eat it as his main food... but then again, it's convenient to leave dry food there for Chi to eat whenever he's hungry (which seems to be quite often). Maybe I don't feed him enough?
I have absolutely no idea why Chi likes to jump onto my laptop.. perhaps he likes the warmth provided by the laptop? O.oll
Yay. Got the chance to backup sing with Guan Rui for the 13th. First time since both of us got into the ministry. Thank God for this brother :) Looking forward to learning much from you!
Chi has taken to the bad habit of taking me as a tree to climb up upon. Now I've got scratches not just on my thighs and hands, i've got them on my back and my torso as well. It's not very pleasant when bathing time comes.
Amused how it's true that cats like to play with strings. I have no idea why. haha.

-A tender thought, a caring deed
a gift of love to one in need-

School has become more distant nowadays (what with things going beyond my control). There're readings that have not been read (but are of no consequence if they're read or not as of yet), and project (due a long way off, but nevertheless, due some time or another) that has not be done. Having four modules feel quite strange after last semester's heavy workload due to learning japanese. I've got lots to read, and find myself having no time to read them. I've got lots to plan, and find myself having no peace of mind to plan. I have lots to figure out, and find myself already figuring out things almost every second of the day (unless I'm playing games or sleeping). I need to get out of the stage of fire-fighting into the stage of planning, and yet there are many small fires still waiting to be fought.
Thank God that things are moving in the counter ministry :) when both the pastoral and team ministry are looking for the same person to rise up, it creates a certain sort of tension. Glad to have the chance to know this brother a bit more, as well as to be able to communicate the need in counter ministry at this moment. I think it frustrates me when I find that people have a fixated idea of the importance of pastoral ministry over team ministry. But again, I had that same idea in the past.
I am still a pastoral person (of which I mean that given a choice, my heart belongs to the pastoral side, rather than the team side), but both team and pastoral ministry, we are serving the same God. We have the same aim, with different methods. So yes, don't compromise on either side.
Yup, but glad that counter ministry is moving ahead. Sent someone off for team captain's course at the very last minute (with some help from lean choo liaising with the education department) and got the feedback from him that he enjoyed the course. Hope that he can learn much from it and bless the people in the ministry when he comes back.

-you take Him high
you take Him low
you take JC wherever you go-

David and Florence and Yenling and Serene are in Hong Kong. Michelle's going to Hong Kong tomorrow. So are a few other sisters and brothers (including those having lessons O.o).
Renewed interest and desire to work with children with special needs (specifically in the area of autism). An added desire to want to work with children in the area of speech therapy. Wondering if I should apply for DISE, or whether I should just go into rainbow centre first, then get sent for DISE after half a year.
Apply first, then see how ba :)
Okay, finished procrastinating. Need to do up slides soon, or else I won't be able to wake up in the morning =)

No comments: