Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lord we need your grace and mercy
we need to pray like never before
we need the power of Your Holy Spirit
to open heaven's door

Spirit touch Your church
stir the hearts of man
revive us Lord
with Your passion once again
I want to care for others
like Jesus cares for me
let Your rain fall upon me


this was the recurring song in my head last week, and it was the worship song used in the first youth service on the sat that just passed :) think recently has been hearing a lot of news of family members meeting with mishaps/dying (brothers and sisters and friends..)
i think in my mind there exists a small corner which is conscious of the finality death and the futility in which we sometimes spend so much time doing things which do not last. probably trained by the modules i've taken through the past 2 years or perhaps, it's been something carried with me since secondary school. it doesn't exist as a depressing thought, but rather, it serves to remind me (sometimes..) that if i don't focus on the things that really matter (e.g. people's lives instead of watching anime), i may not have much time/chance to do that in the future.
my second tutorial of medical social work was much more enjoyable (since we've got our original tutor back!:D instead of the first tutor who very blatantly told me that it won't be 'fun' [--> referring to my comment tt i took this module for fun:P ] once i fail the module. so friendly :P). think i learned quite a lot from this tutorial (since it didn't involve much of weird policies that cause me to faint) about what it means to be in the field of the medical social worker.. things to look at, how to assess the situations.. intervention plans. yup. looking forward to learning much more :)

No comments: