Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking forward to this sat's service:)
we had worship prac earlier on.. and it was quite a refreshing experience. Nel showed the worship team a video (which I missed since my lessons ended at 6.30. lol), but learned a lot from what they've shared as well. I think some things that stayed with me were:
1) Many-a-times we always want to ask what we can get from God.. but Paul lived out his life poured out like a drink offering. His main question in life was 'what can i give?' what can i give to the people around me? what can i give to God?

2) when we worship we may sometimes worship to the extent of how much we've been blessed by God/how much we experience God. kinda like an exchange. so for example, if we've been blessed much/experience God much in that week, we'll worship more wholeheartedly, we'll worship more vigorously. But God calls us to worship Him wholeheartedly all the time, regardless of how much we experience Him, regardless of how much we've been blessed.

3) I think as a generation of people who live in modern Singapore, we tend to forget who is the God we're serving. We live our lives in the manner of how we perceive God. as a generation of people, we tend to forget that our God is the God who parted the red sea and who raised people from the dead. who is man that he can go against God? and who are you? that you can live your life in such a slipshot manner when you profess God to be Lord of your life? I got jolted out of my comfortable doing-things-in-my-own-way-and-timing when i got reminded of this. And even when I feel irritated at something, I am much more aware to check my own heart and motives. I may not perfect, but having the awareness of the God I'm serving checks me even much quicker.

looking forward to the service on saturday 'cos i really love the worship songs. heh. yes, all worship songs can be used to worship God, 'cos ultimately, it's not just the songs, it's the heart. but we've got preferences sometimes, ya? haha.
oh speaking of which. I learned today that
4) The Word of God has the same power to change a person's life.. yet the soil of the person's heart determines the manifestation of that power in a person's life. The seed is the same. The soil determines if the flower blooms or wilts.

No comments: