Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You know, I was never very impressed with people who are
1) big shots/ celebrities
2) working/studying in famous places (e.g. google/cambridge)
3) or have high ranks in schools/work places.

It's not that I glaze over their achievements, or I'm trying to make myself feel better, or that I don't acknowledge that they have characteristics that we can learn from (or yes. please learn from them)..
it's just that.
I'm just not impressed. lol.
It could be due to a drilling by my mum from the time when I was young "celebrities are just human beings!" or it could be due to the over-exposure of smart and famous people in close proximity for four years.
To me, they're just human beings. The same as you and me. The same human being who has sin (be it pride, lust, greed..) and has a God shaped hole in the heart.

No comments: