Thursday, June 12, 2008

Before my short term memory catches up on me and I forget the details of the camp.

Day 1 of camp! (heh. Jesse has already written down a post from her perspective. This will be more of a recount of what happened, as well as things from my perspective. lol :)

Beautiful morning on the day that we set off :) hahaa. Haven't woken up so early in a long time...


Nice?:) Took this picture while I was waiting for my dad to drive my to Newton's circle.. haha. Lazy daughter.
Actually, I remember thinking to myself that it's probably faster for me to take a train down to Newton's circle than to wait for my dad to drive me.
Ah well :)

Loitered around at Newton's circle for a while... bought breakfast, took pictures. Felt interesting 'cos you don't see the usual uni group people around. hahaa. Interesting and a little scared at the same time.
It's quite amusing 'cos I was thinking about how I don't know most of the people there.. haha. Oh well:) Can make friends along the way.. haha.

Long bus ride:) Manmi was my seat partner:) hehe. Quite amazed by the speed of the customs.. haha. The white piece of paper for declaration of goods is no longer needed! It really makes a difference.. the speed of processing through the customs. The removal of that piece of paper and the airconditioning of the customs makes it a more enjoyable experience to enter Malaysia. haha. At least it gave me a better impression and enticed me to want to enter Malaysia in the near future :) lol.
Took pictures of lovely people on the bus. hahaa. I realized I took them in pairs. Can take a look at who was sitting with who :)



[On an extra note.. Picasa is horrendous. It doesn't allow me to do borders. How troublesome.]

Lol.

We used to have a pair of devils on the bus, sitting in front of us (namely Jesse and Huili..)


But as we got nearer and nearer to Shah Alam, and further and further away from Singapore...


Okay. ignore me :)
The bus ride was full of funny songs. lol. Some of which became characteristic of the future YP group. It usually involves cows. Don't ask.
Hmm. I remember something quite vividly during the bus ride though.. Think I was commenting on something, and David was asking 'who's the 'them'?' It happened twice while I was talking. Guess I gotta make my speech clearer and to ascertain more keenly the source of what I listen to in the future as well. That's something I learned from him that day :) lol.
Lunch was at Serimbun (hope I got the spelling right). It's pretty funny 'cos the lights were off when we went into the restaurant. At first I sincerely believed that they're going to present the dishes out with a dramatic entrance (the kind whereby waiters and waitresses present dishes with one hand and come out in a row... the kind in which a candle exists in the middle of the dish..) Well, it turned out that the government switched off the power (we have no idea why). So we have no aircon and no lights for the rest of our lunch.
Ironically, the lights came back after lunch.
hurhur. lol.

That's tracy.. our beautiful transfer guide of the day :) She's very friendly. hahaa. Apparently she's been in this line for a long time.. Seems keen on sharing with us about the upcoming fruit season in Malaysia :) haha. quite a genuine person:) Enjoyed her presence with us..
On a random note, I'm fascinated with hills. Don't ask me why. I think it's probably 'cos we don't have them in Singapore. hahaa.
Pictures of distant hills in Malaysia. All taken while the coach was still moving happily along the road :)

Okay. I'm running out of thoughts and running out of sober-ness (if there's such a word. Getting sleepy.
Tuition tomorrow:) Will update more when I'm more awake. (if the time ever comes that there'll be a time when I'm more awake:)

No comments: