Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I have a love-hate relationship with the uni ministry.
It brought about many low points in my life, along with the many highs.
It was the ministry I saw the ugly sides of me, and the ministry which I saw these ugly sides change in God's grace.
It gave me tears. Lots of them.
It brought me joy and showed me a glimpse of the potential which I can grasp.
It changed my perspective of leaders in the church, and changed it again.
There was so much pain. And then there were so many opening of doors I never knew existed.

I first joined the university service on the 18th of June 2005, into the CG of NUSA2. I still remember the sunflower given to me. When I came in, Jiexian was the CL, and I was shepherdless for 3 months. lol.



And then michelle rose up as the CL. And Zhenzhong joined us from Adults.. and CG looked like this...



And then Kinwee moved on. And people joined us... and at our last service as a CG, we looked like this...



And then there was a new CG :) NUSC1. led by Jiadai who led us in a time of finger painting to start off the group...



This CG saw a lot of changes too.. The people who left/moved on (Kaili, Yishyan, and Guo Xiong) and the people who joined us (Yizhong, Jalea, JianKai, Jonathan, Esther, Jeekai, Tim), as well as the people who joined, then moved to other groups (Jesse and Shuyi).

And in a sense, when we discussed the farewell for the group, we felt that it was only apt that we ended off with hand painting.. Sort of as a momento to our group, as well as a timely reminder of how far the group has come in just one year after it was formed.

And then some people were taken out of the group to do greater things in other groups, some of us remained.. and Guanzhen joined us. And we remained as NUSC1 :) It has been interesting in the past few weeks. Hehe.

Say the word.. And I will sing for You
Over oceans deep I will follow
If each star was a song
Every breath of wind praise
It will still fail by far to say
All my heart contains
I simply live for You


And after a few months of wondering, a few weeks of asking God for direction and a few days of praying and intensely seeking for a clear direction, the choice was made.

And I thank God how even after I've made the choice, affirmation of the choice was given by God, that even as others were praying for me, the same resounding choice remained.
And I'm amazed at how God's will eventually comes to pass in my life and in another sister's life.. despite certain decisions made earlier on.

It's time to move on:)

No comments: