Saturday, May 23, 2009

hee. I think I've done enough of slacking/reading books/watching dvds/buying items i need/cutting hair/thinking. My brain's giving me warning signs that I need to do work soon. HAHAHA.
anyway, I've finished Jodi Picoult's 'my sister's keeper' 2 days ago. hahaa. read for the 7-8 hrs straight. i've also finished the long overdue vcd Hana which was slow moving, but interesting.. 'cos it shows life with honesty. The movie's about decisions, about whether you stick to the conventional (in the movie it's the samurai way), or you choose another route, of which on the surface it seems like it's the conventional way, but actually you've chosen another way =)hee. I like it 'cos it reminds me that sometimes you don't have to break the conventional to still stick to what you believe in, but rather you swerve past it and do it in a better way. like sometimes in life, as a Christian, you have to make difficult decisions, in one sense, the world expects you to do one thing (so there's the pressure), but you, holding onto your values and beliefs, believe in doing another thing. And it sometimes seems that the only way is to break the conventional, to be totally radical, but actually there's another way of keeping the beliefs, values, showing that you're keeping them, and yet still soothe the expectations of others. it's about application of wisdom and tact =) hahaa. to me la.

No comments: