Sunday, December 25, 2011

~my Beloved is mine and i am His,
His banner over me is love~

Heard the burmese version of it when I was in Myanmar :) I guess part of the reason as to why I miss the STM was also cos of the team I went with. It's really important to go with a good team. lol. The team I went with was not the best, we still had conflicts and what nots, but I think all in all, we really complemented one another quite well.
Delia mentioned that one of the strengths in the group was that we were quite a humorous group. I agree with it! haha. I guess i enjoyed the time as the humour was something I could appreciate. hahaa. Li Ping will make funny comments on things, Joshua will have his schizophrenic sang moments in which he'd suddenly spout out something ridiculously funny, Guo Feng is permanently amusing with his expressions and his actions (though he claims he's not), Sze Hui (who's usually quiet) will also come up with weird comments that cause the group to burst into laughter. haha. Calean is not funny funny per se, but she's a presence whom I'm comfortable be, and her honesty makes me comfortable as well (like I don't have to keep sensing how the person is). hahaa. Claramae and Serene are already people whom I'm close to :)
I think it helps that I'm not the only Sang in the group. hahaa. we have a good mix of all personality types, and that really helps. I feel like I could rest. hahahaa. It was a time of working hard and laughing hard. and though the first 2 nights were really tough for me personally cos had to resolve conflicts with my two closer people, the third night was good cos we really trashed things out and it really felt great after that.
i also learned a lot more about myself through the trip. haha. like my own triggers, and my own reactions towards certain things cos of how I'm made up. I felt that I could use my strengths, and that my strengths are appreciated. I could use my gift of teaching to teach and bless people. Delia also observed and said something about me which I really appreciated cos sometimes she put into words what I really do. Claramae observed the same in me and affirmed me in that through the letter she wrote to me and I think for a while in a long time, i felt like how I felt when I was much younger, that people are noticing and taking care of me as well :)
And my love tank was nicely filled up through the days when time was spent with the people, and I had a fellow language of love sister - Calean! hahaa. I enjoyed listening to Sze Hui and Li Ping and Serene and learning new things about them which I've never known before. I enjoyed that I could share my interests and sing songs spontaneously (which I really miss since uni times).
I guess I appreciated that people were honest and desire to help one another to grow. I enjoyed the sharing of testimonies and the desire in people to want to hear about God. I enjoyed being in the company of people who loved God fervently and expressed that love out. I enjoyed that I don't always have to be the one to suggest things. haha.

No comments: