Saturday, January 08, 2011

I was just thinking...
that maybe my ideal idea of how i wanna spend my time is that i wanna be able to be available to people who need someone to sit with them and see them cry.
or be there with them when they need someone, but no one's available as of yet.
like create a place of refuge for people.
and maybe not ministering, like helping them make sense at that moment, but to be there to offer a presence when they're experiencing raw emotions.
and give them a hug, sit with them. let them stay over at my house. help them find something else to distract them.
and after one month/two months, let them come find me again to talk abt it again.
and subsequently after 6 months
and a year.
for grief does not complete its cycle in a few days, but goes on for a long time yet.
as i'm typing this i'm trying to figure out if i'd get tired of doing that. hahaha.
i want to gather stories of people who've gone through painful things, but have managed to heal from them.
i want people in the world to know that there is a place of refuge.
and that there is also a greater place of refuge in God. but i want to be that physical manifestation of the place of refuge first.

the problem is..
how do i earn money from this?
LOL

maybe i'd need to pray for a large sum of inheritance to be given to me from some distant relative who passed away and left me a fortune, enough to support me for the rest of my life :P

the practicalities of life. haha.

i also know i have a strong interest in watching things. like movies, animations. moving images with sound and story. plays. musicals.
maybe i'm primarily interested in stories.
the telling of stories and the retelling of stories.

No comments: