Friday, July 20, 2007

Been slightly behind time for my IRP. gotta hand in proposal by end of month and I've yet to do it up=] haha. then have yet to finish reading my dear beloved journals as well. And now there're 2 more journals for me to read 'cos of a lab meeting with this professor from another university next thurs noon. i feel a bit funny being the only undergraduate to be in the meeting. somehow i keep wondering if i'm supposed to be there. hahaa. In a way, i guess i've been given a lot of opportunities to know much more about this field (the field of psycholinguistics) and be able to expose myself to different people involved in this field of research. really thank God for this opportunity. haha. but on the other hand, i sometimes wonder if it's all too much for me. lol. i mean, going for the same lab meeting as ur lecturer to listen to another lecturer about her research in the field of psycholinguistics is kinda odd when you're going to attend the lecturer's module next semester and you have not even taken the core module of cognitive psychology (which is what psycholinguistics is based on). And i think I'm supposed to present on my IRP topic some time in september to the people in the lab meeting. the thought of it is not exactly very comforting=] hahaa. dr tan grinned happily when the thought of it crossed her mind though. lol.
gotta really thank God for how far He has brought me through to=] from promos in J1, to A levels in J2, getting into NUS psych despite my interesting grades and now being involved in research and having the chance to dabble deeper into the field... God, You're really bringing me into unknown zones which I myself do not even know if i can go into. haha. and all of a sudden, the difference between the modules in year 2 and year 3 is so wide! haha.
i'm entering year 3 with much anticipation, fear and trepidation. waiting upon God to see how He's gonna bring me through (think it'll be quite interesting:D)
yup. coming to the end of the holidays=] all the best people=]

No comments: