Friday, June 29, 2007

I think we're much busier during the holidays than during school term=] It kind of trains you up to be more and more diligent.
I've realised a few things about my working style ever since last semester. Self-awareness i suppose. Knowing myself so that I can be more effective in serving God - sober judgement of my weaknesses and strengths.
I realised that while I'm more effective doing things individually than in a group, I am even more effective doing things in pairs than individually. And it'll help if I can constantly communicate with the person (e.g. talking) 'cos talking helps me to organise my thoughts and having another person doing it with you reassures me.
IRP is kind of throwing me off my track. haha. Got an email from Dr Tan and I haven't replied her 'cos I don't know if my study is on track or not. Feels a bit lost 'cos I haven't really concretize my methodology for the experiment. And yet i have the feeling i can concretize it in one day if i really sit down and read and think about it. However, I've not finished reading my journals.. so if I go and do the experiment now, it may be a waste of time 'cos I didn't even concretize my exact objectives in mind. hmm. On one hand, I don't want to miss out on this pool of people and the chance to just integrate my study into already-done experiment. On the other hand, I'm not prepared enough to tap on this pool of people. In short,
I'm kinda lost. XD
And i just remembered a journal i need to read for the lab meeting. hoohoo. talk about being scatterbrained!
Oh by the way, I realised that (realised this some time ago) that I have a spectrum of behaviour for stress.
Mild stress (to me, my definition of mild stress and others' definition may be slightly different. haha) --> Hyped up. Challenge.
Moderate stress --> Zonk out. Distract self. Run away.
Extreme stress (e.g. tmr need to hand in report, today haven't do) --> Chiong. Do things quite effectively. But will die the next few days. hahaa.

so actually, mild stress is good for me. LOL. okay.
goodnight=]

No comments: