Thursday, March 08, 2007

yesterday was my birthday:) yesterday was the day i officially became an adult in the eyes of the world. haha. 21! yay. so on the 6th of march, the last day that i can not be an adult, i asked myself the question of 'what does it mean to be an adult?' haha.
i prayed for a specific vision and direction to be given to me. i have a vague one. but i'm greedy. i want a specific one:)
i love my 21st birthday=] haha. let me thank a few people:)
thanks to jasmine, jiali, jocelyn, jingting and sengkim who celebrated with me some time ago:) thanks to jan who wished me happy birthday on the 5th of march, who then took it back and said he'll give it back on my birthday. haha. thanks to iso, jit and nianying who got me a cake after psy lecture. thanks to michelle, jan, zhenzhong, zhichun, jeffrey, hanes (who drove us down!), michelle yeoh and weiling for celebrating my birthday with me on monday night. and thanks to michelle, michy, zhenzhong, zhichun, jeffrey, weiling, ashleigh, changjie, jinlu, phaedre and jan for the present! haha. thanks to my mum for sponsoring my guitar. thanks to hweefung for ur present:)
thanks for all of ur heart most of all:)
i'm not a person of presents. i dunno how to respond when someone gives me something. hahaa. but i really do cherish time spent with people. thanks for loving me through spending time with me. haha.
thanks to michelle who called me at 11.58pm of 6th march to wish me happy birthday. LOL. thanks to sengkim who called at 12.01pm. pretty amusing, this is. my sister gave me a card and my mum rallied my dad to say happy birthday to me. haha.
then i received birthday wishes from jiali, guoxiong, qing, jiayan (whose birthday is the same as mine), weiling(who wrote me a really long message. whaha), qiaoping (who wished me again at d242), yunlei, athifa (my maldives friend!), zhichun (who wished me happy birthday in chinese and gave me roses with zhixia the next day:D), yingxin, yufen (who wished me again at d242 too!), huixian (who told me not to underestimate the power of the birthday alert from friendster), hongdao (who always starts with a yo!), phaedre (who wished me happy birthday again in school), chiew (whose birthday just passed as well), steph (who said i'm old), shuyi (who also wished me again in school)... ziwei and zhenzhong sent me intriguing messages on the dot. hmm.
then i had ts practical:) we had dance. hohoho. and we realised that our dialogue is due to be performed next week! O.O hohoho. maybe can get veterans to vet through. haha. e.g. zhichun, zhenzhong, jan, michelle... haha. i finally got to know the name of puay's practical partner.. (but i forgot again. Al something.) poor kexi had to dance with miss samosir 'cos her partner wasn't there:) pretty interesting i suppose. thinking of taking more ts modules next sem. anyone wanna join me? lol. maybe can train up first before going into the creative arts ministry next time. haha.
oh yes. let's continue:D haha. went to hq, then ziwei played the guitar to sing happy birthday. hahaa. then i can't remember who's the second person:S then jan sang again:S
my caregroup is evil. they abandoned me:( lol. i was pretty sad when they didn't appear at 5.30pm.. when we're supposed to have dinner together. haha. so i smsed them to ask where they all are. kimchun smsed me to say he won't be joining in for birthday celebration and wished me a happy birthday and zhichun smsed me back using orihime-san to say i'm late for class O.o
lol. i smsed her back to say that i'm not feeling well and won't be going for class xD heh:) it's not exciting if u can't be cheeky on ur birthday. anyway, went for 'class' in the end. haha. zhichun-san hurried me into the class. joyce sensei was teaching maths (???)... haha. ichigo-san (daidai) kept sleeping and ishida-san (guoxiong was knitting away). two hollows (ruisi and kaili) appeared while ichigo-san pretended to go to the toilet. lol. pretty amusing:) thanks for arranging and planning everything out. i got a sushi cake! WOOHOO!
then we went for dinner:) haha.
sengkim wished me happy birthday again after 5.46pm (my birthtime). subsequently, jinlu smsed at 6+:D thank God for jinlu... heh. think she's really grown in the past months. haha. ellson wished me happy birthday on the bus, and benaiah at d242 itself:D
district 242 was empowering, encouraging and challenged me greatly. it re-ignited the vision i have.

-i've discovered who i am, as the Spirit touches mine
every step i take, every move i make, You are by my side
and i will be strong, my strength is in You
i will go! where You want me to go
i will do what You want me to do
yes i will go! where You want me to go
i will be who You want me to be
anything for You!-

i cherish the words the leaders shared:) the thing abt sacrifice confirmed my thoughts:) thanks so much.
the surprise of the day came at 10.30pm when mike wished me happy birthday. hahaa. really didn't expect it from him:) thanks! isobel also smsed me after that. haha. silly iso. jasmine too! lol. last greeting came from my twin! xinyi=) hahaa. silly twin too.
i got two belated greetings. haha. so fun. from cheongseng and yishyan:D haha. they're so funny. thanks for remembering:)

yay. that's my 21st birthday. the day which i officially become an adult in the eyes of the world. thanks for remembering it:)

No comments: