Sunday, December 10, 2006

This is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Amen!

I've had some people asking me how i can be so joyful each day. It's not by my own strength that I'm joyful in the day. And i'm certainly not joyful everyday. Sometimes i let my burdens overwhelm me. Sometimes i allowed my thoughts to bind me up. Sometimes i succumbed to the pressures around me.
But there are many other times when i remember of God's assurance that He is always with me, He is holding my right hand. There are times when i remember of God's character and i put my trust in Him despite what happens. There are times when i was so downcast, yet God sent His people to me. There are times when i simply knew that God is comforting me.
Peace that transcends all understanding. Peace that guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
Times when i look to Jesus and i see the potential in the people around me. Times when i see the hope in the future He holds for me. These are the things that allow me to know that even as I have things that are obstacles in front of me, there's a greater joy that lies in wait for me in the future as i overcome the obstacles with Him.
-it is Your grace
Your tender mercy
it is Your presence in my life
that satisfies-
And there are yet other times whereby i take hold of the little surprises the world holds for me and become satisfied by them.
Like today. I came out of the mrt and saw Carrie and her cg people. Then someone who looked familiar said hi... Strange thing is. I don't know him :) He remembered my name though. amazing.
Btw, he's my kindergarten school friend. A guy called Liling. haha.
He's amazing. He remembered most of the kindergarten school people. I only remember Cailin and Shimin. He remembered something Liang, some guy with a surname of Boo, some funny guy name, the adam and eve of the graduation play (i didn't even remember there was a graduation play :)and some other people. I was stunned. Seriously. Quite cool to meet him again after so long though. Got his number =] He's a Christian at SengKang Methodist Church... which was the church of my kindergarten. haha.
yea. a nice surprise tonight=]

No comments: