Saturday, January 28, 2006

-with my eyes i long to see Your smile
with my ear i long to hear Your voice
with all my heart i long to feel You
with all my soul i long to seek You

please let me find the way to Your dwelling place
i long to hide in the shadow of Your wings
to find my rest as i dwell in Your peace
to live forever in the beauty of Your grace

draw me close to You, close by Your side
i want to hold You tight, close to my mind
come take me to the place where You cld be found
i want to praise You Lord
all of my life
i want to let You know from the depth of my heart
You'll be forever Lord
the love of my life-

5.07am on a saturday morning. tomorrow will be chinese new year. and tonight is chinese new year's eve.
went for service yesterday night... jasmine was teaching about 'a new you for a new year'... doing stockchecking upon ourselves to see which areas we can grow in.
i think something that spoke quite personally to me is in the area of my family... that i'm not very close to my family. we have superficial talk like 'have you eaten?' and 'what time will you be home?' and no one, i mean no one in my family actually hugs each other. or affirms through touch. but i want to go beyond this superficiality. i want to learn to love these people who have been with me for all these yrs. though sometimes they hurt me, or i hurt them.
ha ha. it's even harder when you're a christian and the whole family is not and sometimes misunderstandings occur.
you know, a person can only love others to the extent to which the person has been loved. and i want to go beyond my pride (and a trust in God opening chances for me) to learn more about my family members and to love them more. i started with a small step of going to the market to help out at 11++pm after service. managed to help in translating to this lady who didn't understand chinese at all. yay. then talked to my mum a bit when we walked home.
she wants me to find a bf again =.=
but it was good.
i have this deep yearning to really want to know the people around me. not know in the superficial sense... but a deeper understanding about my friends..that i'll be able to appreciate them for both their strengths and their weaknesses. to know them as a whole. to love them even after knowing them as a whole.

No comments: