Saturday, March 06, 2004

it's my first birthday celebration in Hope...and lots of things have happened since my last birthday:)
i guess the most significant thing will be tt i've accepted Christ into my life and my name's written in the book of life:) thank God for tt. if i haven't done so, i would still be spiritually dead, depending on my own strength for everyday and growing tired, many new doors for observation won't have opened... living wouldn't have taken a whole new meaning, with fresh injections of meaning and purpose. you know u're on earth for...you know why u're studying, why u will be looking for a job, why things happen the way they are, about human nature, you know tt in watever u do, it's for the purpose of a higher calling. and you know you're never alone again, once you have Christ in your life. you have an eternal friend called Jesus. Jesus is personal, not some 'god' that is far away or something.
accepting Christ.. it's like exchanging mud for a mudpie or something, like paying $0.01 for a lifetime worth of treasures. actually in this case, it's paying nothing. u just have to ask for it.
ah well.
anyway, the east jc cgs celebrated my b-day with me today...originally i was thinking, oh okay.. after dinner, go home. then jasmine disappeared. then jocelyn said something to yaoguo (or izzit sengkim?) about getting dunno-wat...looked suspiciously like getting candles or a knife and told someone abt jasmine getting something. then jasmine came and cut up two straws and i started to suspect something. hahaa:D
then gwen popped over. then jiali appeared. then they started singing happy birthday to me. jasmine appeared with the cake (cheese cake!:D) someone said something about singing happy birthday to xinying... which i thought was rather corny...but then ah well:)
i find it quite embarrassing to have everyone sing happy birthday to me. didn't know wat to do, so i just clapped my hands along... like a seal:D:D:D
let me share two of my wishes... to see CG404 come to pass...and to see pple around me growing (esp.lilin and chian siew).
i didn't know CG404 is by april...i'm dead. hahaha:D pick up the momentum singing! let's pray hard!

No comments: