Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I've been re-evaluating my own way of doing life ever since I started taking up the job at Feiyue.
Just looking at my own perspectives towards hardship. or money. or life in general.
there're many times i'm put to shame because i would go on a home visit, see the lesser income that they have, yet they're doing their best to support the inmate, as well as support their own children, and parents who need medical treatment. and here i am, having my own income, and spending it away.
i see the consequences of insufficient guidance, or the inmates not having a significant adult figure in their secondary school days, or them being labelled as naughty and nobody to address disappointments that they go through with them, and i wonder if i'm actually doing enough for my students, and sorry that i'm leaving them to the cruelty of the system.
i look at my inmates, and i see not a bunch of people who have committed wrongs, but a group of people who have not had their needs met, and went on to get their needs met in wrong ways.

No comments: