Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Got this from online. someone wrote 7 reasons to quit the job. lol.

4. Hierarchy and politics? No Thanks: Large organizations tend to be hierarchical and there is nothing you can do about it. People are classified according to their rank or seniority rather than by the quality of their ideas or by their drive. Sometime ago I was trying to implement the first internal blog for my division. The first thing I did was to call directly the HQ guy who was responsible for the communications platform, and he assured me that it would take no longer than 1 week to set the blog up. Guess what, after a couple of days I received a call from the Communications manager from our division, she wanted to “explain to me the rules of the game”(!). Basically she told me that all the communications related requests needed to pass through her no matter what, and she would therefore take charge of the blog set up. Two months after that call my division was still waiting for the blog.

.
VERY TRUE about large organisations being hierarchical!
and very true about the rank or seniority thing.
sucky.
but i guess one good thing is that you don't necessarily have to be stuck with one person for lunch. lol.
thank God for the lunching company!

No comments: