Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Haven't been updating for a while:) Can't remember the last time I've updated either.
School's been fine. IRP was coming to a small standstill due to my more phlegmatic nature (no. i don't think i'm choleric), but some hidden task-oriented nature within me kicked in after talking to steph on gmail and Dr Tan asked about my progress. ah. IRP is more troublesome than i thought it would be :) procedures are troublesome. i like to read journals. i like to read textbooks. i like to read. finito. but i don't like to use my brains to apply. what's the use in reading if you're not going to apply what you've read? LOL.
on a side note, my cat has just decided to go and sleep on her side right smack in the middle of my doorway. hmm. and she's just rolled over on her back, then subsequently recovered her sideways position and opened her eyes to look at what i'm doing. after deciding that what i'm doing is of no interest to her, she has decidedly closed her eyes once more, rolled on her back (with paws in the air) and proceeded to continue napping:)
you know. it's quite disastrous to have a goldfish in a tank (my family's newly acquired 'pet') along your corridor when you have a cat frequenting your house ever so often. i found her sitting on the floor, looking intently at the tank today. and thus, to prevent any possibility of a tragedy, i shifted a chair out, sat by the tank and proceeded to read the book i've got on loan from the clementi bookstore while waiting for the rest of the pple to show up to go for MAD (members appreciation day) together. now. wasn't that a mouthful? back to the goldfish. there were three. then 1 died. and then, another died. and this third one had no food for 6 days (though i seriously wonder if my neighbours have kindly been feeding the fish with their own fishfood) due to the fact that my dad seems to have the misguided notion that fishes do not need to eat (it could be that he's more used to dead fish.. seeing that he sells them everyday) and my mum have no inkling as to where she can obtain fishfood. due to my busy schedule and limited resources, i've also postponed the buying of fishfood till today. that's not to say that i didn't try.. i did! but the petshop in clementi didn't have fishfood. kekeke.
why am i on the topic of fishfood anyway?
goldfishes remind me of Dr Tan. 'cos she has a tank of formerly trained goldfishes in her office (formerly trained by Dr Trevor Penny to see if the fish do learn to follow light or something.. the trace of that memory has nicely eroded quite a bit). there were times within the week when i was considering asking Dr Tan if i can kope some of her fishfood to feed my poor dying goldfish which is going to starve to death soon. at some time during the week, i've also pondered the possibility that someone's gonna report us to SPCA for negligence in taking care of a pet. though i have no idea how the pet came to be, i'd guess any animal within a meter's radius of my household is automatically adopted, if not by me, by my parents, to be a pet.
i'm sleepy :)

No comments: