Tuesday, March 21, 2006

i woke up this morning and realized that i missed my lit tutorial. i woke up this morning and realized that i identify with the verse in Romans. i woke up this morning and went to check out the verse in Romans.

Romans 7:18-19:
'I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For i have the desire to do what is good, but i cannot carry it out. For what i do is not the good i want to do, no, the evil i do not want to do - this i keep on doing.'

ever felt this way before? that you want to achieve something, but somehow you can't seem to reach that point whereby you can fully achieve it. Or when you don't wanna do something, you do it instead (eg. procrastination) haha. i can bring this up to a larger scale, but i think this small illustration brings out what i wanted to say.

As such, i find myself identifying with this verse as well

Romans 7:21-24
' So i find this law at work: When i want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but i see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man i am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?'

and i rejoice with Paul as he comes to the realization ...
'Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!'

I hold onto the hope and the promise that Jesus has rendered victory over sin. It's this hope that keeps me from being jaded with the world and allows me to have faith in people around me. It is this hope that heals my wounds when i'm hit by what the world throws at me. It is this hope that i find peace in when i'm troubled, frustrated and still struggling. =]

No comments: